Tuesday, October 3, 2017

First Day In Coachella


Image result for mexican flag

Coming To The United States
         I was only seven years old when my tia brought me here to the United States illegally. I remember it was a rainy night during the cold winter. I was in back of her seat, I was a little scared I did not want to get caught and sent back to Mexicali. To tell the truth, my heart was escalating so quickly at the moment, but I did have hope I knew god was there with me. Having to experience this at a young age was very distressing yet worth it. This was a very terrifying moment of my life. I knew my life was going to change for the better. Better things are yet to come in my life. That night changed my life completely.
          Coming to United States as an immigrant changed my life. When I lived in Mexico things were complicated because it is really dangerous out there and also everything was so far away and it was hard to get transportation. In Mexico things are so spread out. In addition it is hard to get job opportunities or even pursue a career. In this case, I was the only one from my family to be in Mexico that is also one of the main reasons why I am here in the United States. To give an example, with the ten years I was here I learned English so luckily I'm bilingual. Which is amazing because many jobs hire you easily if you know how to speak two languages. For example, I currently work at McDonalds as a cashier and there's many customers that I've had that only speak Spanish and I could take advantage of this because it helps me in the future. This has really made me grow as a person in general. To end this, I've changed and have learned a lot through out these ten years at being here in the United States. Before I felt like a young little girl but now I feel like a young grown woman.
        The most difficult challenge was to be without my friends. When I moved to United States I saw different atmosphere and gringos around me which made me feel weird and at some point I did feel differently. My friends in Mexico were the only friends I had and having to make new friends here in the United States was difficult. I was a really shy and a quiet person I did not know how was I going to get through to this. When I arrived to class the first day of school I felt very isolated from my other classmates. I was really confused because my other class mates would speak English and I had no idea what they were saying to each other. I really did not know how was I going to approach to anyone or my teacher when I would need help. I realized that I shouldn't feel afraid of anything in life especially when it comes to asking for help. And I know I'm capable to succeed in life no matter the circumstances. We all through rough times in our life.
        Even though, I faced some challenges in my life I still managed to continue with my education and pursue my goals in life. As I grew up I met a variety of friends that went through the same phase as me. For instance, I realized that I was not the only one in the world to go through this challenging life time. Having positive people around me also encouraged me to succeed and graduate high school. I worked really hard throughout my four years of high school just to get where I want to be. And now that I'm attending college I hope to pursue my career. No matter my ethnicity or color of my skin, it won't change the fact that I am a human.
         To end this, going through a challenging life, changed my life for the better. Even though it was really hard to go through this event in my life I did not give up no matter the circumstances. Being brought here to the United States made me realize the opportunities that I have than I did before when I was in Mexico.This was a very important obstacle that occurred in my life.To end this, now that I am a young grown woman I know that I shouldn't feel ashamed of who I am or be afraid of anything in life. Life is too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                              Finding Acceptance Still today, homophobia is a big issue around the ...